A One-stop Writer’s Shop for Selling in Film, Book Packaging, Ghost Writing, & 7 Key Genres
Dates: February 25-27
Welcome to JUNIPER.
An online comprehensive event empowering you to build your writing portfolio, branch out into additional genres (including film and ghost writing!), and connect with influencers, top authors in their fields, and publishers actively looking for new authors. This conference is perfect for every writer ready to develop an evergreen career and get paid for their work.
Our goal: Educate, empower, and encourage you for a multi-genre publishing career.
And because we know attending conferences can often be difficult due to price or accessibility, we are making it available online and as affordable as possible.
There are three levels of Attendee Packages:
- Wordsmith: Admission to Saturday’s full day conference, including workshops by a list of top notch guest speakers on getting published in picture books, thrillers, YA, middle grade, non-fiction, and romance, plus how to break into screenwriting!
- Scribe: Admission to the Saturday conference PLUS admission to the Friday night kick-off keynote event (get ready for a fantastic keynote, giveaways, and games)!
- Storyteller: Admission to the Saturday conference, Friday night’s kick-off event, AND Sunday’s afterglow with a publisher spotlight on a fabulous small press actively looking for more writers, a panel on social media marketing with some top influencers, and a workshop on how to break into ghost writing!
- PLUS those registered for the Storyteller admission get the option to register for a 20 minute mentorship appointment that will cover your career goals, specific marketing or branding questions, and writing advice. LIMIT 20 APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE. Appointments will be scheduled during the week following the event.
- $75 – Wordsmith: Pay HERE and then register HERE.
- $100 – Scribe: Pay HERE and then register HERE.
- $160 – Storyteller: Pay HERE and then register HERE.
- $35 – Mentorship appointments (limited availability of 20 spots, and only open to the Storyteller attendee): Pay HERE. Hannah will contact you to schedule your 20 minute appointment. If we are sold out, she will contact you with options.
- If paying with a Writer’s Sanctuary GIFT CARD, click HERE.
WANT TO SPONSOR SOMEONE TO ATTEND? Give a gift card to support a writer in your life! Scroll down for details at the bottom of the page.
- Guest speakers TBA soon! You’re going to be thrilled with our line-up!
- Mary Weber, bestselling, award winning author of YA and non-fiction writing resources.
- C.J. Redwine, a bestselling author of YA, middle grade, and non-fiction writing resources
WHAT IF YOU HAVE A SCHEDULE CONFLICT?
No worries! The package classes (Wordsmith, Scribe, or Storyteller) you pay for will be available for the rest of the year. You can tune in whenever you want, dip in and out, watch, or re-watch as many times as you like at any time online through December 31, 2022.
- Friday night – 5pm PST, 7pm CST, 8pm EST
- Intro, Giveaways, Keynote (guest speaker TBA), Game
- Saturday – 7:30am PST, 9:30am CST, 10:30am EST (All times listed below are PST)
- 7:30 a.m. – Intro & Discussion on Building a Writing Portfolio in Multiple Genres (C.J. Redwine & Mary Weber)
- 8:00 a.m. – Striking While the Genre is Hot (aka Getting Published in YA and Middle Grade) – with Mary Weber and C.J. Redwine
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. – COFFEE BREAK
- 9:30 a.m. – Picture Books: From Idea Development to Publishing Contract – with TBA
- 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. – COFFEE BREAK
- 11:00 a.m. – Happily Ever After: How to Build an Evergreen Career in the Romance Industry – with TBA
- 12:00 p.m. – LUNCH
- 1:00 p.m. – That’s a Wrap: Screenwriting & Getting Paid For It – with C.J. Redwine, Mary Weber, and a film industry guest speaker
- 2:00 p.m. – COFFEE BREAK
- 2:30 p.m. – Welcome to the Murder: Writing Thrillers That Sell – with TBA
- 3:30 p.m. – COFFEE BREAK
- 4:00 p.m. – Writing Memoirs and Non-fiction – with C.J. Redwine & Mary Weber
- 5:00 p.m. – DINNER
- 6:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. – Author Panel and Q&A with TBA
- Sunday – 8:30am PST, 10:30am CST, 11:30am EST
- 8:30 a.m. – Breakfast Club – Author Q&A & Giveaways, plus March event announcement with C.J. Redwine & Mary Weber
- 10:00 a.m. – COFFEE BREAK
- 10:30 a.m. – Advanced Class: Influencer Marketing on Instagram & TikTok – with a panel of influencers from both apps
- 11:30 a.m. – COFFEE BREAK
- 12:00 p.m. – Advanced Class: Ghostwriting: Finding Work & Getting Paid – TBA
- 1:00 p.m. – COFFEE BREAK
- 1:30 p.m. – Publisher Spotlight: TBA
WANT TO SPONSOR SOMEONE TO ATTEND? Give a gift card to support a writer in your life! Choose a package to purchase, and then fill out the gift card registration form below.
Wordsmith gift card (Saturday only) $75
Scribe gift card (Friday & Saturday) $100
Storyteller gift card (all weekend) $160
Register your purchase HERE so your attendee can redeem their registration.