September 27 – October 2
On a scale of 1-10, how badly do you need to experience a few days of pampering, connection, and rest? If you’re like most creatives, this past season has been mentally, emotionally, and creatively draining. What you need is an escape from the stresses and distractions of everyday life. A chance to push a reset button and breathe freely while focusing on your writing.
If that sounds perfect, then join us for Escape, our fall 2021 virtual writing retreat. The in-person retreat slots are sold out, but we’ve created an inclusive virtual option that includes all of the following:
- A virtual hangout to kick off the retreat with connection and community
- Writing sprints
- Workshops via Crowdcast (access will remain open through the end of the year if you can’t attend live)
- Exclusive access to our Facebook retreat group for daily interaction, games, and curated content
- Learn how to Escape Imposter Syndrome
- Get tips on how to Escape the Slush Pile
- Refocus your career and personal goals with training on how to Escape the To Do List
- And more!
- Virtual Kick-off – all online in our Virtual FB Retreat Cabin (pop in and out as desired)
- Game & Retreat Content in Virtual FB Cabin throughout the day
- Live Zoom Hangout 8:30-9:15pm EST
- Retreat Content in Virtual FB Cabin
- 7-9pm EST – Writing Sprint
- 10am – 12pm EST – LIVE Workshop: Escape Impostor Syndrome
- 2-4pm EST Writing Time
- 10:00-12:00 LIVE Workshop: Escape The Slush Pile
- 2-4pm EST Writing Time
- 10:00-12:00 LIVE Workshop: Escape the To Do List (aka Avoid Burnout
- 2-3pm EST Q&A on FB Live
In Person (SOLD OUT): A small, intimate retreat in the gorgeous city of North Myrtle Beach, right beside the Atlantic ocean. The retreat condo opens at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 10:00 p.m. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, water will be provided. Workshops and writing sprints are scheduled into each day, along with plenty of writing time with gorgeous beach views. Explore the delicious restaurants in the area for dinner or join us for an adventurous dinner theater at Medieval Times, walk the beach in front of the condo, and then return to the quiet of your own lodgings* for the night.
You’ll leave refreshed, renewed, and refocused on your dreams!
Location: Crescent Shores Condos
*attendees are responsible to secure their own lodging
Cost: $550 broken down into a $200 deposit and 5 monthly invoices via PayPal until the balance is paid in full.
Deposit is non-refundable. No fees will be refunded for cancellations past 5/1/21. In the event that Covid is still causing considerable disruption to travel plans, the event will be rescheduled, and all fees paid will be put toward the new event.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.