A Symposium on How to Become a Freelance Editor
You’re ready to diversify your income streams by becoming a freelance editor. Or maybe you need to become skilled at editing your own work and that of your critique partners. Either way, editing is an essential skill in the savvy writer’s toolbox, and it requires training and experience.
What you need is an in-depth course on the various types of editing, complete with workshopped examples and ideas on how to find freelance work.
- The purpose of an Assessment Edit and how to offer one effectively
- How to elevate a client’s work
- The 8 areas you need to cover in a Developmental Edit
- Evaluating works with an eye toward genre and publication
- What it takes to write a truly insightful edit letter
- Ways to identify weaknesses in the work & help a client brainstorm solutions
- How to avoid co-opting a story
- Tips to execute a flawless Line Edit
- What a Copy Editor does
- Where to find freelance work
- How to run your own editorial business
- How to apply all of the above to you own manuscripts
- And more!
Let us teach you how to be a professional editor with both craft and business savvy! Spots are limited.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.